This is actually 2 books in one.
I have seen the movie "Flowers in the Attic" and really liked it, so when I saw the book, I had to pick it up.
The 2nd book (Petals on the Wind) got weird. Not sure I am a fan of the incest stuff... Its like "oh my god really?"
Not a terrible book by any means, it just makes me feel uncomfortable, like I want to smack these people and bring them back to reality...
Here's the synopsis for Flowers in the Attic:
Flowers in the Attic is the first novel in the Dollanganger series by V.C. Andrews. In this novel, four siblings are locked in a secluded second story room in the childhood home of their mother after the death of their father. The children are told they will only have to remain here until their grandfather has died and left his entire estate to their mother. However, as the years pass and the children have been locked away for more than three years, they begin to doubt their mother's devotion to their safety and begin searching for a way to escape. Flowers in the Attic is a dark, Gothic tale of greed and incest that will keep readers spellbound until the final paragraph.
Here is the synopsis for Petals on the Wind:
For Carrie, Chris and Cathy the attic was a dark horror that would not leave their minds.
Of course mother had to pretend they didn't exist and grandmother was convinced they had the devil in them.
But that wasn't their fault. Was it?
Cathy knew what to do. She knew it was time to show her mother and grandmother that the pain and terror of the attic could not be forgotten...Show them. Show them -- once and for all.
No comments:
Post a Comment